Tuesday 30 December 2014

Reflecting on 2014

Looking back on the year of 2014, I have had some pretty amazing adventures,  of course it had all started, when I started getting in contact with different families through au pair link in New Zealand and also the agency in Germany, so the first family that I came in contact with lived in a place called Karlsruhe, then it took a little bit longer, for a wait but after a few weeks ended up with 3 families getting in contact with me at once, which was  pretty amazing, one of the families in Koln

and then of course the family I picked lived in the capital city of Berlin,  which was where I would have loved to go the most, so the start of this adventure began with my flight journey, leaving Christchurch for Singapore, Singapore I must say has an amazing airport, was quite nice to look around, then from Singapore to Doha ( Qatar), another place that I have never been to before, but it seemed quite nice, then of course my last flight was Doha to Berlin, I had to keep looking out the window all the way, was lovely flying over different parts of the world.

And flying into Berlin was just amazing, I can safely say, that before I had even landed I fell in love with the city :),

so even though I never got to stay in either Berlin or Germany for the one year that I had wanted I am so pleased that I experienced so much of that amazing and wonderful place, I saw so much, and learnt a lot as well, went to a pretty fantastic german school where I got to learn the wonderful language and also made a wonderful bunch of friends from my experience.

It was sad that my au pair experience there ended so horribly but I can say that there are sometime where I do miss little Rosa that I had formed a bond with in those 3 months, she was a pretty wonderful child to work with.

I have also learnt not to trust those agencies anymore because of all that happened after my contract got terminated where I was not offered very much help at all, it is also sad that England didn't quite work out because of misinformation but that is ok, that is still a dream to come true later on :).

My flight back to NZ was pretty amazing as well with flying from Berlin to London ( Heathrow) from there to Dubai, then a long flight all the way to Sydney, then of course back to Christchurch,


So later after not having to much luck looking for jobs, I decided that I would try my au pair experience again, so I re opened my account on Au Pair world, which I had found to be just amazing, I heard from families very quickly, from  a lot of different places in Australia and other areas of the world

So after a decision Darwin became my choice of my next adventure, which I  can say has just been amazing, I have been with that family for 4 months and I am loving it, so much I have no idea if I ever want to leave, the family is just wonderful I
love looking after little Jonathan, made amazing friends in Darwin as well.


Looking forward to my next adventure next year in Townsville




Wish everyone a Happy New Year, and a Fantastic 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment