Monday 10 August 2015

Update Part 2

So following on from my update which was ages ago, but don't worry slowly catching up with everything, except maybe writing letters to friends overseas, but I will get there. :)

So after my trip Magnetic Island, got quite busy with doing many other things, especially with looking after Jonathan and too with the fact of having the house more moved in slowly more and more boxes started to disappear, so we could move around the house just fine, also had to get the exterminator in twice.

fridge had also broke so until we got a new one, we had to use a small bar fridge, that was quite a lot of fun, the old fridge had broke and even when it got repaired twice, it had just died, poor fridge couldn't take the move from Darwin to Townsville very well.

 Several times, I have hung out with my friend Sara and her tribe a few times at her house, which has been pretty fun, also meeting her 3 kids, Luke, River-Lee and Syler, although on the 7th April she gave birth to her 4th child another boy called Jessie, I got to have cuddles with him a few days later, he is a very cute wee baby :).

although the day after I ended up coming down with a cold, that hung around for a week, so I was sad I couldn't get to visit again before Sara moved down to Ayr. 

the week of having a cold was quite fun, it was during the school holidays, I would have to  say at least it is a good thing that there wasn't school children in the family that I would have to look after because having a cold where the weather is also hot, and looking after children is not fun.

So me and Jonathan who I got the cold from hung out together, both feeling miserable but we did many different activities including watching the lovely Wiggles, painting outside, drawing and reading,
Because you know reading is very fun :).

On the 21st March I attended a Australian Defence Force Parade, which was to celebrate the end of operation slipper, which ended in 2014 and had started in 2001, it was a very interesting parade  and service as well, it was a hot day too, but the funny thing is that  I was the only one not to get sun burnt :).


Can't remember the date that I went to the museum with Nathalie the North Queensland Tropical Museum it was really very quite an interesting museum we also got to see how a cannon on an old ship used to be loaded and fired, afterward we went and had lunch at the longboard restaurant, it is very nice there.

I must say it is so great when you can find a friend from anywhere in the world that has the same interests as you, that is also an Au Pair, and you just get along so well with each other, it's great :) .
church
so there is going to be different dates floating around in this post.

I made another Au Pair friend called Henna from Finland, we meet up on The Strand and chatted and first went and got some ice cream from Juliette's I had a new flavour this time of watermelon which was just tasty as, I really liked that it was quite tasty, then we walked along and up to kissing point fort, which was used up until the end of WWII it was quite interesting to look around and also looked around Jezzine Barracks.

I also meet with another Au Pair and we had coffee in the mall at Willows for a couple of hours her name was Gillian from Scotland.

Easter weekend was quite eventful, on the morning of Easter Sunday Gilligan and I got to have a easter egg hunt around the garden that was pretty awesome, afterwards I went along for a  church service, and then afterwards, I helped set up another egg hunt, for more children that were to be coming over the afternoon as well as other people too, so it became quite a busy tiresome day.

I also went to the movies  a couple of times first time was with Gilligan and we went to see Fast and Furious 7 this was an amazing movie, every single part of the movie was just great including the ending.

and the second time was with Nathalie and we went and saw Pitch Perfect 2.





No comments:

Post a Comment